I was born and raised in Palmyra and Spanish Fork. My parents are John and Lenna Mendenhall. I graduated from Spanish Fork High School in 1998, attended Utah Valley University in 1999 before serving an LDS mission to Minnesota. I have worked in finance in Spanish Fork since 2006. I am a licensed Financial Advisor in Spanish Fork.
I have been married to Amber Geslison of Spanish Fork for 18 years and we have three children, Nash, Monroe, and Jagger. I enjoy sports, playing them with my kids, golf, and the outdoors with my family.
Below are a few of the ways Mike has served the community over the last decade:
- In 2014 Mike was elected to serve on the Spanish Fork City Council. He is in second term, eighth year of service.
- In 2011 Mike served as President of the Spanish Fork Area Chamber of Commerce.
- In 2011 Mike and Amber served as Fiesta Days Chairmen.
- In 2020 Mike served as the President of the Spanish Fork Rotary Club and received the Paul Harris Fellow award.
- In 2020 Mike served as the President of the Utah League of Cities and Towns.
On the City Council Mike currently serves on the following boards and committees:
- RAP Program Committee
- Parks & Recreation Committee
- Chamber of Commerce
- Personnel Committee
- Seniors Board
- Utah League of Cities and Towns (President)
- Mayor Pro Tem
Current Term: 2018 – 2021